Tuesday 13 September 2011

'Mesmeric' Cosmetic Packaging Design

This was a university project to create a new product range and to design the packaging and advertising for it. After writing my dissertation on how the beauty industry's advertising has a way of brain washing its customers into purchases, I wanted to create a design based on this notion. I named my brand ‘Mesmeric’ based on the theme of hypnotism.

Logo:
The logo concept is simple but interesting. If you stare at the logo, a middle white 'M' appears over the black 'M''s.. I thought this illusion effect worked nicely with the theme of my brand. 

Packaging:
I designed my cosmetic range packaging using key lines and phrases from a hypnotism act such as ‘look into my eyes’ and created patterns and swirls that play with the eyes. My colour choice was to express the famous black and white hypnotic swirl and I then incorporated the green for visual effect and brand identity.

Advertising:
The advertising idea is again based around being hypnotised. If you read the posters in a consecutive row (i.e. on an escalator on the London Underground) they would be as though you are being hypnotised and the end poster would reveal the brand ‘Mesmeric’ as you have been ‘mesmerised’...

All photographs used are not my own.. 





1 comment:

  1. Short delivery time: Sample lead time: 3~5 days in general; Production lead time: 45 days for official purchase order after the cosmetic bottle sample approved. cosmetic bottles wholesale

    ReplyDelete